Quick Links

Future Students

Future Students

Application Process

Getting Started

#1: If you have not submitted an initial inquiry for information with our admissions office here at CBU, please do so for the correct program you are looking to enroll in. Once you submit this inquiry, you will begin to receive emails from the admissions office:

       Undergraduate: Traditional 

       Undergraduate: Online and Professional Studies

       Graduate: Traditional

       Graduate: Online and Professional Studies

You can also schedule a campus visit for both undergraduate and graduate programs here

#2: Get your military transcripts and submit them with your admissions application: 

Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans

Air Force

#3: Apply to CBU and get admitted into the school. Once you begin an application, the admissions office will reach out by phone to begin conversation with you:

Undergraduate: Traditional

Undergraduate: Online and Professional Studies

Graduate: Traditional 

Graduate: Online and Professional Studies

**Note: if you are the actual veteran, you can use two professional references in place of the academic references (i.e., senior military supervisor, Commanding Officer/NCO, etc.). Dependents must still use academic references. 

#4: Apply for your GI Bill®

Apply for your benefit online via https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/vonapp

Plan to receive your Certificate of Eligibility between 3-5 weeks after you submit it online through the above website. Apply for your GI Bill early in the process. If you have any questions, call the VA at 888-442-4551.

If you have already received a Certificate of Eligibility in the past, you can request another one via the VA support center. Register for an account here. Please be sure to include California Baptist University and your program that you are enrolled at in the inquiry to request a new certificate of eligibility. 

#5: Apply for FAFSA.

#6: Submit necessary documents to CBU's VA Certifying Official (email Steve Leader, fax 951.343.4903, or drop off in person to The Office of the University Registrar, Yeager Center, D118). Click on the instructions below to see the necessary documents needed to be turned in to start your benefits. You can turn in these documents at anytime during your application process. 

1606 Instructions

1607 Instructions

30 Instructions

31 Instructions

33 Veteran Instructions (Post 9/11)

33 Dependent Instructions (Post 9/11)

35 Instructions

#7: Register with VA eBenefits at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov and make a PREMIUM account. This is where you will go to check your deposits from the VA along with the history of your certification status and months of benefit remaining, setup direct deposit or update your address.

#8: Speak with your academic adviser and enroll in classes!!

#9: Only when you are enrolled in classes can I certify you with the VA. We aim to have your courses certified to the VA between 30-60 days prior to the class session start date.

#10: At anytime, if you have a question or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am here to serve you!